Research & Development wing of Athreya Research Foundation has been keen in implementing and elaborating the facilities of Athreyam Research infrastructure through its multidirectional perspectives. Its primary focus is on disseminating the traditional knowledge hidden in the science of Ayurveda and other alternate approaches for human well being to a wider scientific community.
Activities so far
- A proper documentation of traditional knowledge data available from various sources into a single repository has been going on successfully. So far, as many as 100 traditional Ayurveda and Siddha books in various languages like Sanskrit, Hindi and Malayalam in addition to many hand written manuscripts has been collected to the repository.
- Training program for eligible and qualified staff on identification and familiarizing of rare medicinal plants and trees in various natural habitats in South India like Kolli hills, Marunthuvazh Malai, Agasthyakoodam
- Identification and labelling of the varied flora in the Athreyam campus. So far, most of the flora in Athreyam Aluva campus has been identified. Almost 678 species of flora has been identified.
- Establishment of ‘ Nakshathra Vana’ , ‘Santanavanam’ and ‘Shiva Panchayatana vana’ and ‘Asoka vana’ at Athreyam Botanical / Medicinal Garden.
- Establishment of separate Research centre – Centre for Advanced Research.
- Establishment of Yoga Centre- Sree Sankara Tapovanam International Yoga Training Centre.
- Establishment of MedicalColleges / Educational Institutions towards the fulfillment of Objectives of the Trust.
- The work for establishment of an Ayurvedic / Siddha Medical College is under process. The foundation stone has already been laid by Late Hon’ble Ex President of India Mr K.R. Narayanan at Athreyam Campus Thiruvilvamala, Trichur Dist., Kerala.
- Establishment of training center for Kalripayattu, Panchakarma etc
- Further development of herbal plantation by acquiring land and other resources
- Packing Material Manufacturing unit
- Setting up of ware house for storage and processing of raw materials, semifinished products and finished products.
For contributions/ payments/ donations / advance booking click here.